Monday, February 11, 2008

Stay At Home Mom

I am a normal, run of the mill stay-at-home mommy who has been running to get fit after having 3 kids. I have been running for several months now, but only did my first race on Thanksgiving day... a 5K! I was so proud of myself for participating in that race. My sister in law, then, sent me the link for London's Run. I felt so strongly about this! Even just through the website. It invigorated me and really motivated me to be ready and be strong for my 2nd run... my 1st 10K at Schnepf Farms! I worked through different pains and injuries and time constraints and weather conditions and flu season with 3 children. All components put together did not stop me or even dampen my spirits. So many times I would want to walk or stop while training for some distance runs, but I would always tell myself that 'I run for those who cannot run for themselves!'. Being able to be even a small part of London's run was awesome. It reminds me to be joyful for my body and grateful for my health and the health of my sweet children. I helped recruit a few more racers for that day, but after telling so many about my emotional experience running for that cause, hopefully they will be there running along with me next year. Until then I will continually run for those who cannot run for themselves every time I run!!

Thanks for the amazing experience!
Alisa

No comments: