Monday, February 11, 2008

First Time

I just wanted to thank all those involved in the run on Saturday. I had never participated in a race, nor an event like this. I had never run more than 2 miles at a time but I’ve always wanted to try a race. I only saw the newspaper article last week but I decided to try it anyway. Thank you also for having it on a Saturday and at a reasonable price. So I ran the 10K and surprised myself that I finished and with a better time than I anticipated. Anyway, it was a marvelous event. There was so much spirit and energy and camaraderie there. London’s mom’s opening remarks brought me to tears and I appreciated the Star Spangle Banner and opening prayer by her family members. The pictures along the race route inspired me to keep going because London and others have endured much harder things. Thanks to you and all the volunteers for a wonderful, memorable day. I’ll be back.

Kathy

P.S. The weather just couldn’t have been more perfect!

No comments: