Monday, February 11, 2008

Inspiring to Everyone!

It was great running for a wonderful cause and being able to help some families with their treatments. I was hit by a drunk driver almost 12 years ago and was tagged dead. It wasn't unti the 3rd day that they knew that I would make it. I have a rod in my femer, screws in my pelvic, and I had a collapsed lung that was punctured by some broken ribs. I had temporary paralysis for about 7 months and had to teach myself to sit, walk, move my legs, and the upper right side of my body again. 4 years later I was a passenger in a vehicle and the tire blew and we rolled on the freeway 5 times going about 85 miles at the time. I suffered brain injuries. I have always loved to run, but haven't since then. It was to painful. Last year I had a trainer encourage me to try and run the PF Changs Run in January this year. I started training in Nov. I could barely do 1.6 miles of a combination of running and walking together and afterwards it felt like someone sat on my chest the rest of the day. There were days that I wanted to give up but I kept telling myself that I couldn't give up because I would give the control back to those who hit me in my car accidents. I knew I couldn't be ready by January, so I went online and found the London Run and told myself that I was going to do that run no matter what.

As I ran on Saturday, I saw those kids pictures and they are fighting for something that I was fighting for for years- LIFE- just in different ways. What an awesome group of kids and how much they have inspired and strengthened people just by their example. This experience has changed my life forever, I am grateful for the strength they gave each of us to help us finish the race. I did it!! Ran the whole thing in 2 hours and 33 minutes. You guys- keep on smiling and keep up the hard work.

Indebted,Sariah

No comments: