Monday, February 11, 2008

Arizona Running Events Fan

THANK YOU for a great London's Run this morning! I know there was a delay for the 1/2 marathon times, but frankly, the longer the race, the less I care about the time details. Besides, I have a functioning watch, and it registered a welcome 7+ minute PR, at approximately 1:44:10 (the latter probably 11 or 12 on your official clock). My previous best was 2 years ago in my first 1/2, the Phoenix/Tempe Rock & Roll, with 1:51:24. It's been a long road back from over 18 months of rotating injuries, "earned" while preparing for my first marathon, which I was not able to run. Maybe next year...My daughter also ran this morning, and also had a PR (1:53-ish on your clock; 1:49-ish on her watch, as she stopped her timer for an "incredibly necessary" port-a-john stop @ 7 miles). Her previous best was 1:56 & change, also 2 years ago at the Rock & Roll. Even with the stop, it was a 3 minute PR.First of all, we did NOT miss the loud bands of the R & R!! We both much prefer the quiet paths and streets of rural Queen Creek. However, next year, could you arrange for a temperature of approximately 10 degrees warmer at 7 a.m.? Thank you so much.... ;-)Your events are my favorite in which to participate. The last one before this was the similarly-enjoyable Gilbert Days 5K. You are the best!!!I've attached a photo of daughter & me soon after her finish.
Bruce

No comments: