Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tyler Family Fan

I can not tell you how much I enjoyed the 1/2 marathon on Saturday... just a great "vibe" from the start (Yay! Rick Hale!) But I have to tell you that my favorite part was seeing the Tyler family... the first person I encountered was Juliet... I recognized her right off even though my connection with her was as her 5th grade teacher years ago! It was so great to see her, but when I got to the third water station and was in a BEVY of Tylers... well, I was overwhelmed with joy! To see Heidi and Justin... and their parents was so wonderful! I caught up later on with Holly and ended the race after a minute or two of running along side Noah!!! Having been lucky enough to be their teacher in one way or another (Keller through Mesa High) I felt so blessed to see them all again in an event that is so important to them.
I will never ever forget the extra "runner's high" I encountered that day... even those WICKED hills you guys mixed in were no match to the fantastic energy I was feeling!
Good work!
Craig Smith

No comments: